I know next to nothing about generators, ..."but"(WAG's...
have you confirmed there is good normal RW flow out the thru-hull during those few minutes?
Is oil level not too low or high ? Coolant level?
Have you tried starting with a good load turned on ? ( Genny, not you!)
Did you change plugs with a new set or old? Properly gapped recommended plugs?
Is any choke system kicking off OK?
Perhaps check oil pressure with a mechanical gauge to see if the oil pressure switch is working properly?
It doesn't sound like lack of fuel supply is the issue. But carb float stuck down or "waterlogged"?
seeing that I smell gas fumes after it stalls, I will start with the carb, anyone new where and what rebuild kits this takes? It a 6.5CZ Kolher, the engine I believe is a Honda GX360.
seeing that I smell gas fumes after it stalls, I will start with the carb, anyone new where and what rebuild kits this takes? It a 6.5CZ Kolher, the engine I believe is a Honda GX360.
Most safety bypasses disable the ignition and as the engine slows down to a stop it continues to ingest fuel/air mixtures which is not burned resulting in wet plugs and a smell of unburnt fuel.
There is a delay after the engine starts before the safety switches are activated (so oil pressure can be generated). When activated, if the LOP switch is closed, due to low oil pressure or a defective switch, it would stop. If any of the switches are operating (closed), then LED4 inside your Control Box would be lit. If lit, test switch and oil pressure. Add an oil pressure gage to your engine.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.