It's on boat next to me. To get the centered green indicator on you have to have the engines running at wildly different rpms. He has no manual. It's a 1988 Luhrs. Might there be an adjustment screw or the like?
I have had two of those units.
No adjustments I am aware of.
They pick up the signal from the tack and are usually very accurate.
I would suspect a tack problem
Is this the Judson Model 1506C ( passive sync indicator only )for diesel inboards?
According to this, it comes with 2 pulse generators: http://www.marine.com/pdf/guest/sync1500.pdf
Perhaps track where the pulse generators are on the 2 engines (or tachs) and see if one is no longer wired up correctly?
If gas , still obviously check all connections at both ends.
Gas or diesel, I'd suggest looking into upgrading considerably to the Accusync active sync system . I had it installed almost 15 yrs ago and am sooo glad I did.- Just love it. http://www.sturdycorp.com/gallery/detail.aspx?id=6630 . The big winter storage yard installed mine, but it's easy to see installation is not at all difficult but does require one add'l short throttle cable.( & a 2nd SPDT toggle switch and light indicator at the 2nd tower station on mine.)
We figured it out. Jumper the signal output lugs on the tachs to output for one engine. Start engine. Rev to around 1500 rpm. Turn adjusting screw on top of display unit until both greens light. Return wires to original connections. Start both engines. Adjust throttles until greens are both lit. Check tach readings. Both the same. Done.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.