I was looking for something else and ran into this tool
The idea is that plug threads get buggered from the TOP, where you'd be installing the plug, crossthreaded. This guy goes past the threads then expands to clean them up on the way OUT instead of the way IN. Had 33 reviews on Amazon, nearly all positive. I'd think it's really good on aluminum heads, but several mentioned V8 engines and at least some still have iron heads. $22 on Prime and this is how it's listed
Powerbuilt 640811 14mm Back-Tap Thread Repair Tool
The idea is that plug threads get buggered from the TOP, where you'd be installing the plug, crossthreaded. This guy goes past the threads then expands to clean them up on the way OUT instead of the way IN. Had 33 reviews on Amazon, nearly all positive. I'd think it's really good on aluminum heads, but several mentioned V8 engines and at least some still have iron heads. $22 on Prime and this is how it's listed
Powerbuilt 640811 14mm Back-Tap Thread Repair Tool