D ddurand Member Member Joined Jun 20, 2001 RO Number 5015 Messages 837 Sep 8, 2013 #1 Looking to verify the location and condition of the freeze plugs (I know they are really casting plugs) for a 1987 Merc 5.7L. Maybe get one of those probe cameras to get a good look?
Looking to verify the location and condition of the freeze plugs (I know they are really casting plugs) for a 1987 Merc 5.7L. Maybe get one of those probe cameras to get a good look?
J jtybt15 Active member Member Joined Feb 1, 2001 RO Number 3300 Messages 9,535 Sep 8, 2013 #2 You have two on each side and front and back for 8 all together.
D ddurand Member Member Joined Jun 20, 2001 RO Number 5015 Messages 837 Sep 8, 2013 #3 I assume all on the block, none on the head?
J jtybt15 Active member Member Joined Feb 1, 2001 RO Number 3300 Messages 9,535 Sep 8, 2013 #4 None on the older heads(80's and older) I have laying around. There's a tapped plug on the exhaust side.
None on the older heads(80's and older) I have laying around. There's a tapped plug on the exhaust side.