- Joined
- Aug 5, 2008
- RO Number
- 30499
- Messages
- 6,405
I'm have friends with a 20 hp outboard on their dink we went for a ride two nights ago and in the morning the battery was dead and the motor was covered with corrosion. I figured it was a bad battery maybe a bad cell it wouldn't take a charge and it was 4 years old so it was time anyway. We replace the battery but it seems as though the motor is conducting stray voltage when the key is off. The motor runs fine but clearly there is an issue last night we disconnected the battery just to be safe but I'm heading over in a few with a volt meter to see if I can pin down the problem. I was hoping someone might has some advise as to what the cause might be.