Need Info On Outdrive Type

dinows

Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2002
RO Number
7679
Messages
216
I reciently purchased a 1993 24' Renkin with a 5.0 Merc. engine. The drive is a Alpha One but I dont know what generation it is. Could someone help ?

Thanks Deano
 
It would have to be, IMHO, a Gen II, as they came on board in the early 80's.
 
quote:

Originally posted by pocket change

1990 or 1991 was the start of the gen 2.






OOPS, you're right. I was thinking of my '78 'pre-Alpha' to Alpha Gen I.
 
Thanks for the help and yes I do have a picture but dont know how to post it. I am sure it cant be that hard

Thanks Deano
 
There's a thread on Photo Posting, but essentially you have to have the photo somewhere on the web. Like a flickR, PhotoBucket, etc. Then you link to BE by copying the web address (the "Properties" of the photo). Then paste into your reply. Syntax is:

{img}protertiesyoucopied{/img}

BUT!!! Notice I used the "face like" parenthesis. You have to actually use the square ones on the same keys. The square are so special to webpages that I can't post them for you as an example.
 
Not sure I know how to do that, I will ask my assistant at work, she is pretty good at that, Thanks Deano
 
147Completethumb.jpg
this pic is gen1
147sei116completethumb.jpg
and this is gen2
Notice the differences in the skegs.
 
Thanks very much for the pictures, mine doesnt look like either one. Am going to send a picture
 
Back
Top