Next issue - underwater lights.

CurrentSea

Active member
Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2002
RO Number
10265
Messages
9,958
So we tested from switch to lights and there is power but the lights are not working. Wondering if both bulbs are blown?
How do you get access to bulbs?
It's in the water.
I see a wing nut on back of light.
Do I just turn it or wait till put of water?

null_zps4ee483ae.jpg


null_zps16ae2001.jpg
 
Only 2? In our murky waters I use 6 and some nights they look great others I wouldn't know they were on other then monitoring the DC current that they draw.
Dave I don't think the bulbs can be replaced. Mine are high intensity LED. The fixture needs to be replaced when they go bad. 3 of my 4 Britter Innovations units failed after 2 seasons. I called the manufacture and they sent me 4 upgraded replacements and 2 additional units for my trouble. That's how I ended up with 6 under the swim platform.
Bill
 
So much for LEDs lasting longer, right? We be had the same issue with Abyssilites. They lasted 2 years on average and at the last failu the manufacturer refused to honor the warranty. Neighbor had similar issue with his LEDs, a brand I don't remember.

In this case they don't look like LEDs to me. I don't see a wing nut in the picture, I would guess you be to undo the hex nut but before attempting this in the water I d check exact instructions,
 
Wow Dave good question. When you get going on it replace the steel bolts for the ground bond also. S/B Brass?

I would have thought they could be done in the water. Are those set screws in the side of the end cap?
 
They look like you could replace whatever type of light is in the fixture from the inside. I highly doubt the bulb assembly is in contact with water.
I had to wait and have my boat hauled. Dan these high intensity LED's are going on their 3rd season, there were 13 engineering changes according to the manufacture.
Bill
 
I am using Ocean LED 2010's and while we do not run them much so far so good. They were installed back in 2007.
 
I run mine whenever the water is clear enough, after all it is Jersey. Sometimes you can't see your hand in front of your face other times there is 20 feet of visibility.
I have electric blue along with electric blue accent lighting in the cockpit and the engine breather boxes.
I know sounds like a hoped up Toyota right?
Bill
 
quote:

Originally posted by CurrentSea






It looks like there is a recess for a set screw there in the picture. Perhaps you back that out and slide the bulb assembly out. But I'd just contact the manufacturer.

By the way, what brand and model lights are they?
 
No idea on the brand. Came with boat.
Need to do some research.
Looks like I can spin off the back of it.
I think remove set screw and spin them off.
Just don't want to do something stupid while in the water!
 
I'd be surprised if they cannot be replaced while in the water. But when you go there, can we all line up and watch with our cameras going?
 
Call regal they should know what the heck thy installed!
 
quote:

Originally posted by PascalG

Call regal they should know what the heck thy installed!





It depends on the dealer. These would be an add on.
Bill
 
Back
Top