on the hook with a fridge full of food that decided to not work on ac or dc. 1998 vintage de 560 (?) I believe. the power light is on at the thermostat...anybody got any ideas? can the thermostat be bypassed? Thanks
It's not making any noise, the compressor is hot to the touch. Turning ac switch on and off you hear a click. The dumbass that I am I left my multi Meter home so I'm in town buying a voltage tester to see if power is getting past the thermostat
Pure BS CMariner if your worlds is a 1989 original equipment NorCold it owes you nothing. This unit's a 1998 how many people still have their home frig since 1998 or 1989?
I had a 1993 Alwayscold (NORCold) that I retired in 2006 because I wanted a newer more efficient unit. The newer Alwayscold that was installed hasn't blinked in 7 years. My old unit is still in service in another boat at my marina. I gave it a good home.
Bill
Not that I'd be thrilled to buy another one I don't think at 15 years old it owes me much. I'd rather try to repair it if possible. Are the compressors available? I'll research more online after I get back.....I can't stand web searching with the phone
It appears the best source of NorCold parts is from places that sell and service RV's. There is another good thread in this section where another RO fixed his Norcold power supply. It's possible you have a bad power supply?
Here is a link to that thread http://www.boatered.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=123146
Bill
I don't know anything about the model you are dealing with but my Dometic fridge failed this year and it was the cooling fan for the compressor . If the fan doesn't run the compressor kicks off. The tell tale symptom was that upon powering up the fridge the compressor would come on for a few seconds (you could hear it) and then shut off. If I unplugged the cooling fan it would run. I replaced the fan and so far so good. Not sure if this applies but it was an easy and cheap fix . Good luck.
I started to chase parts and caved....drove 20 minutes to Defender and picked up a new 0061. fit in the hole perfect, doors were a different size so i got the new black panels which end up looking better. I like the drain hose out the back....conveniently enough there was the drain for the galley sink running right behind so it was easy to hook up with a swimming pool clorinator saddle tee.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.