After more years in Pittsburgh than I care to count, the Admiral and I have decided to officially join the "Snowbird" ranks. Our Florida location choices are still up in the air...but likely Ft. Myers/Bonita Springs area if the west coast and Stuart if the east. For the pure adventure and obvious necessity to get the boat to Fla, we have decided to take the boat ourselves down the River system (Ohio, Kentucky Lakes, Tom Bigbee, etc.) in November. I have only one season of "Bigger boat" experience having purchased a Cruisers 340 Express last year, but have taken nearly all of the Power Squadron courses offered. The purpose of the post is simply to hear from others who may be able to offer any advice, tips, suggestions or may have taken the trip themselves and could share the good, the bad and the ugly. My plan was to outfit the boat w/ all necessary electronics this summer (really like the Garmin 3210C) and practice..practice..practice. Lots of planning but we'll get there.
By the way, this forum has been an excellent source of information for a newbie like me. Thanks to all of you who contribute w/ insightful posts.
Les....I just made my first Boat Fix purchase...Do I get a t-shirt or something...haha
By the way, this forum has been an excellent source of information for a newbie like me. Thanks to all of you who contribute w/ insightful posts.
Les....I just made my first Boat Fix purchase...Do I get a t-shirt or something...haha