Port engine would not start

jmas

Member
Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2001
RO Number
4313
Messages
788
Problem: Turn Key,Electric fuel pump runs, Engine does not turn over.[:(!]
All fuses and wiring looked OK. Nutural safty switch in nutural[:-banghead], found wire to switch looked OK,but on farther inspection,found wire corroded inside insulator and seperated.
Solution: Replace conectors at switch, turn key,WROOOOM:D
Good feeling when problem solved.
Happy ST. PATRICKs DAY to all!!
 
It's always nice when it's something simple and cheap.
I've replaced a number of connectors, cleaned up a bunch of blade connectors on the back of switches, and replaced the two fuse blocks behind my dash. I decided to putter around with all that stuff because when I repowered last year I treated myself to all new gauges and while I was back there I spent a little more time tidying things up. A few connectors and a couple of fuse blocks cost me less than $20.00, and I probably saved myslef a lot of aggravation.
 
Adding a little color to Corrosion problems.
I pulled out into traffic, on a four lane. Cars coming from each direction and close to me. I dived out in between the onrushing cars and the engine quit on me right in the Center lane.
I had traffic snarled for a while till somebody helped me push that ChevvII back into the KMart parking lot.
Corrosion!
At the Wire harness connecter, between the engine compartment and the Car Body, the pins were corroded. It took awhile to find that one.

Corrosion is a good target when nothing logical seems to be the cause of the problem.
 
Back
Top