wkearney99
Member
- Joined
- Jan 29, 2006
- RO Number
- 20088
- Messages
- 272
My shurflo extreme 5.7 got a crack in the wet end (upper housing). But it's a pre-2006 model and parts are apparently hard to come by. Before i replace it with the same thing i'm wondering what alternatives to consider. This is a 2005 Four Winns 348 Vista. Just one shower/head, transom hose, galley and cockpit sinks. Usually just 3 people aboard. No real need for parallel use of water outlets.
There's no accumulator tank, just the pump. I have "some" additonal room here and could add one if necessary. The plumbing is typical 1/2" Whale fittings and tubing (probably the 15mm size)
The shurflo was reliable until the flange broke. But i'm willing to entertain alternatives. Given that it's located under the forward berth I'd prefer to avoid something that made more noise than this one. Do I need a 5gph pump? Or could i get by with just a 3 or 4 gph one instead? A 5gph is quite a lot more money.
Suggestions?
There's no accumulator tank, just the pump. I have "some" additonal room here and could add one if necessary. The plumbing is typical 1/2" Whale fittings and tubing (probably the 15mm size)
The shurflo was reliable until the flange broke. But i'm willing to entertain alternatives. Given that it's located under the forward berth I'd prefer to avoid something that made more noise than this one. Do I need a 5gph pump? Or could i get by with just a 3 or 4 gph one instead? A 5gph is quite a lot more money.
Suggestions?