How much increase in RPM can I expect by replacing my current F4 duoprops with F3? My boat is a 1997 Larson Cabrio 270 with 7.4GI engine. The RPM range for this engine is 4200 to 4600. My max RPM is 4400 and I am interested in increased hole shot.
Back in the ’96-’97 time frame the lowest pitch that was made was the F4 set. Then Volvo came out with F2’s and F3’s. My 5.8FSi with F4’s in 1996 had a WOT of 4,650 and I went to F3’s, from what I remember in the late 90’s, and hit WOT at 4,950. My 5.8FSi WOT range is 4600-5000, my reason was to decrease minimum trolling speed.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.