Salmon Fishing..Lake Ontario

pstew96

RO Number
Anyone know when the best time is to hook these babies?

I went once this year and that was the weekend of May 23th. We launched one day at Wilson and the 2nd day in the river. There were four of us in he boat and we limited both days. 20lbs was probably the biggest king. There is a BE member (Tim Bromund) that lives around Olcott and he knows way more than I do, he my chime in on this thread. The guy I fish with was up about a month ago and got nothing.

Niles

So when I go end of September I probably will get nothing...I don't know why someone said September was a good moth to go...? I went to the St Lawrence river in Cape Vincent, I saw many bass using an underwater camera but not one would bite my bait or lure...

I have been there in September a couple of times and we pretty much got nothing. Couple schools of thought that time of year, some go way out to the deep/cold water and troll and others troll circles around the mouths of the rivers. Are you fishing a charter, they should know best.

Good luck
Niles

Oh...going in September is a great time stock up on apples and peaches from the area :)

I probably will find a charter, I understand fish will start coming up river to spawn, how do people get those fish and is it legal to do so?

I'm going on a charter in Lake Ontario this Sat. I'll let you know if we have any luck.

Back