- Joined
- Nov 22, 2005
- RO Number
- 19626
- Messages
- 1,074
I tackled replacing the fuel water seperators and fixing a fresh water cooling sytem leak yesterday. Once again, the next day I pay the price. The legs hurt, the butt hurts, the back hurts, scratches and cuts everywhere....
The water seperators were impossible. I ended up using a large pair of channel locks, moving it about 1/20 of a turn each time. What a job. Hoses, lines, brackets all around the thing makes it impossible to get off.
Then I tacked an antifreeze leak under one of the starboard exhaust manifolds. Seems whoever last worked on the fitting (the one that allows you to drain the mainfold) did not tighten it all the way. I was able to get 2 full turns, by hand.
Am I the only 6'3" boat owner who is foolish enough to make himself a pretzel and climb into the engine compartment? Throwing out the V-Drives would help though she wouln't move after that.
What happens when I get older and can no longer move? I guess I'll have to hire someone then.
The water seperators were impossible. I ended up using a large pair of channel locks, moving it about 1/20 of a turn each time. What a job. Hoses, lines, brackets all around the thing makes it impossible to get off.
Then I tacked an antifreeze leak under one of the starboard exhaust manifolds. Seems whoever last worked on the fitting (the one that allows you to drain the mainfold) did not tighten it all the way. I was able to get 2 full turns, by hand.
Am I the only 6'3" boat owner who is foolish enough to make himself a pretzel and climb into the engine compartment? Throwing out the V-Drives would help though she wouln't move after that.
What happens when I get older and can no longer move? I guess I'll have to hire someone then.