SFBC - Shall we try to get together this summer?

footloose

RO Number
Hello fellow S Floridians - I have been MIA (not the city) for a while as life has been very full with grand babies, a new Ice Cream store business in LHP, kids moving into new houses that needed Dad's help, and a four letter word that starts with w and ends with k.

Haven't won the lottery and wont be retiring soon so let's try some get togethers this summer to have something to look forward to and burn some old stale gas.

K and I did a week on Biscayne Bay/Boca Chita and a bunch of overnights on Boca Lake this winter but otherwise ... been day trips only.

Don't care what or where but needs to be weekends for us to involved.

Any takers? Ideas? Suggestions?

Let hear em.

foot and footette

Hey man, it seems that our south florida group has some how died.
We we live in the boating capital of at least the US and yet this forum has been dead.
I too like Boca Chita, I be up for some get together.

Lets just let each other know where we will be on certain days - maybe give as much notice as possible and post Boat Name, description, and we can radio as we get in the area and see if tying up makes sense. Worst case we swap beer flavors and meet face to face .... doesnt have to be 30 boats and overnights.

I am in the same place as pascal and very seldom go north from here, I normally see no reason to turn left out of the marina as there is so much to do right where I am at.
So my pref would be some where on key biscayne.

I hear that PPenny. We spent a week there just hanging out, slept on boat anchored out and at Chita - so much sea life in the clear water was mesmerizing....Rays, baby sharks, turtles - good stuff!

WOW!!! Great to know some of the old gang looks in on SFBC.
Rock & Roll has Connecting Rod Bearing issue on one engine so stuck at Dock till I can get it fixed.
Foot,glad to hear Life is going on with you. Can you Deliver a couple of Bannana Splits to the Dock?

Yep, if we turn left out DKM channel it's to head to marine stadium for the views and slightly less crazymess on week end. Or to sail in the shallows away from traffic

Been busy too with an unpredictable schedule so it s hard to plan ahead but of possible we ll make it

Hi guys - good to see we are all still kicking around the boats.

What do you want on your sundae and what flavors Buddy - frostypoint dot com has a list of options. Also if I can assist with your engine dilemmas let me know..... God knows I owe ya for all the things you've helped me with over the years! Spent 4 hour in my engine bay last weekend - wiring harness issues from the clowns who installed the engines a few years back - they spliced the entire harness with non-marine but-end connectors and covered them with black tape and conduit - REALLY????? LOL- the repower just keeps on giving ;-)

As soon as I get AC back up I'll be scheduling a long weekend or two in Mia. Stay posted.

Hello South Florida Folks!

JMAS has his boat running again and I am working on mine next few weeks to clean her up a bit and get her a bit more reliable. K and I should be htting Biscayne Bay and the Keys over the holidays since gas has come down and I am done pouring every extra dime into weddings ;-)

Hope to see you guys around.

Back