Simpson lawerance 1000 issue.

PJ

Member
exMember
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
RO Number
396
Messages
363
I have a horizon 1000 windlass. The windlass will pull the line rode fine but when it gets to the chain it skips. At that point I need to pull the anchor up by hand. I purchased the boat used and it has done this from day one. The unit is over 20 years old but the gipsy does not look excessively worn. It did not come equipped with 6053190 Rode Management Module I was thinking that this would be a quick fix.
 
Bill, the chain sets neatly in the gipsy (wildcat?) and it looks like the proper size.
 
It can still could be the wrong size. You need to verify what size and type of chain the windlass is designed for and the verify that the chain is the correct size and type. If everything else about the operation of the windlass seems fine I would double check all that.
 
I'm not sure if this is any help, but I had a Maxwell windlass with a plastic clutch. When the clutch wore down it would do as you are describing.

Billy K.
 
Back
Top