Spark Plug Change Frequency

quote:

You're gonna catch them potential problems only if you're down there fiddling around the engines(s).






The more time you spend doing little stuff increases the time until big stuff happens.
 
quote:

Originally posted by OLD HOUSEBOATER

There is a hell of a lot of expence incurred by boaters fixing items that are not broken.






Sure is , and I figure a lot of that expense as preventative maintenance prevents the bigger expense, downtime and frustration and having to replace bigger items that were not maintained. I'd rather minimize the necessity to pull over and walk home from say 50 miles out.

It's just a different perspective & personal choice of priorities.
 
quote:

Originally posted by jtybt15

Stephen, You've been here from the beginning. Surely you don't equate a daily driven auto to a boat that at most is run once or twice a week for part of the year and sits for month on end.






For some things, yes. For others, no. As for plugs, I'm sticking to my maintenance schedule.
 
Back
Top