I have a new (to me) 1989 Wellcraft Eclipse 233. The boat will be used for cruising a bit, water skiing and tubes (family time). As the boat came from the coast to Denver, CO, we have had it adjusted for the altitude.
Here are current statistics, we are running a Michigan, Aluminum, 3 blade, 15 1/4 x 15 pitch prop, Engine is a Mercruiser 260 HP, WOT is currently 4800 RPM (full fuel tank/water tank, 2 adults, 3 kids), not sure of gear ratio in the outdrive, and top end is approximately 32 mph (off of dash gauge).
I would like to move to a prop that planes a bit quicker, I would like to get a bit more top end, and would like to keep or improve the hole shot (it doesn't seem too bad but we have yet to pull a skier as the water is a bit cold yet).
Any opinions are welcome.
Here are current statistics, we are running a Michigan, Aluminum, 3 blade, 15 1/4 x 15 pitch prop, Engine is a Mercruiser 260 HP, WOT is currently 4800 RPM (full fuel tank/water tank, 2 adults, 3 kids), not sure of gear ratio in the outdrive, and top end is approximately 32 mph (off of dash gauge).
I would like to move to a prop that planes a bit quicker, I would like to get a bit more top end, and would like to keep or improve the hole shot (it doesn't seem too bad but we have yet to pull a skier as the water is a bit cold yet).
Any opinions are welcome.