I have a 1987 Cruisers Inc 24' Holiday. I think about 3500 dry. So I am figuring 5000 loaded. What size electric winch is needed? Its a rolling weight, but on an incline, the winch is lifting a good part of the weight of the boat.
If you double line it with a swivel pulley, it'll pull twice the load, but at half the speed. Not to mention half the muscle power or motor power needed.
This is the winch that has proven to be GREAT for a 24 foot Lund on a ROLLER Trailer. http://www.dutton-lainson.com/proddetail.php?prod=14846 I can’t see the need of a power winch on a properly set up roller/bunk trailer. They’re noisy and slow and real slow if doubled.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.