Looks like my season will not happen this year.
I was replacing the Gimbal assembly this Sunday in preperation to install the new motor.
It looks like there is at least a 1.5 Square area to the left of the inner Ring that has rotted out. Tapping with a mallet around the outside did not reviel this. I was tightening the assembly and heard a pop. I thought I had cracked the ring. Upon further inspection I saw hte port side of the transom was sucking together. The inner layer had split and collapsed.
Is it possible for only one layer to fail? This is 2pc x 1" Ply and the outside still sounds solid.
I have pulled the Asspembly back off, but it is supposed to rain for the next week so I can't even get the transom inspected for a while.[:-banghead]
I was replacing the Gimbal assembly this Sunday in preperation to install the new motor.
It looks like there is at least a 1.5 Square area to the left of the inner Ring that has rotted out. Tapping with a mallet around the outside did not reviel this. I was tightening the assembly and heard a pop. I thought I had cracked the ring. Upon further inspection I saw hte port side of the transom was sucking together. The inner layer had split and collapsed.
Is it possible for only one layer to fail? This is 2pc x 1" Ply and the outside still sounds solid.
I have pulled the Asspembly back off, but it is supposed to rain for the next week so I can't even get the transom inspected for a while.[:-banghead]