U-Line Ice Makers

vic the compressor cycles on and off when I turn the cold control. Could it be the switch on the bar??

Check it. If it appears dubious, replace it. They have a little plunger on them, that sometimes will stick in the "in" position.

It's a standard microswitch that can be gotten at most electronics supply stores. Take it with you to match it up, but first draw yourself a little sketch, showing where all the wires go. Should cost less than ten dollars.

Vic the micro switch was good. The screw that the microswitch actuator attached to had backed out. As a result the plastic tab that the screw went into was broken off. So as a check I put the screw in and put it back together and it made ice like mad. I have shut it down and will epoxy the part back on and make it a permanent fix. Wish I would have checked b4 I got the temp control
Thanks for your help.

Now to fix the vacuflush

Vic, How would I go about removing the ice cube making parts from the unit(pre 1990)and using it as a freezer??.

Vic,
I cannot tell you how many times I have referenced this helpful topic. Thanks again for all you contribute to the forum.

Vic-

This is an old thread but hopefully you are still around and can help me with my U-line ice-maker. It is a 2005 U-line installed in my 2006 Meridian. It has worked great for the 3 years I have owned the boat.

About a month ago when I walked from the house to the boat just to do routine checks and found inside my U-line the ice cube bin was a solid block of ice. Looked like the water fill control just never stopped pumping water. I turned off the U-line and let it defrost for several days.

When I started the U-line back in operation, it will get cold and stay cold.....but no water into the trays to make ice.

I have removed the white square cover inside the U-line and "cycled" the gears numerous times in hopes that it would clear itself of problems. I can watch once the gears start turning the "fingers" will move thru the ice tray and everything appears to work properly but when the "fingers" are finished rotating, no water flows into the ice cube tray.

I have verified the incoming water pressure is good. Interior temp is good enough to store ice inside the U-line for weeks without melting.

What are your suggestions for troubleshooting. I had really thought it was the water control valve but after reading your posts on this thread I might be on the wrong path. Thanks for your help.

Ice tray?

Hi there! I'm sure this answer is contained somewhere in this thread, but I could not locate it.

What is your best recommendation for a replacement Uline ice tray/bucket?

Thanks!
Paul

Thanks for your indepth info. I completely rebuilt my uline unit before heading over for a weekend trip to my Bimini Condo -- works like new again!

Just went out to the boat to get ready for a weekend trip tomorrow and it will not come on. Usually starts humming when I turn it on at the machine. All the breakers are on.

I think that I remember starting to come home after the last trip and noticed the ice had started to melt in the bin.

It is only 18 months old but sounds to me like it has died.

We installed a Nova Kool reefer in place of the Uline Combi and will never look back.

With our unit a fan used to come on with the compressor. Without that being active I would suspect a power feed issue. Could be an inline fuse?

valuable thread here.

no water going into my tray

I've mived the "fingers" mauually and the motor does engage, but still no water in the tray and no joy

It's this one:

Suggestions?

RWS

Last edited:
Back