WAAS question

ctcruiser

Member
exMember
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
RO Number
19289
Messages
327
This winter I had my chartplotter installed they mounted the antenna for the unit on a side mount on the side of my boat right next to the helm. while it locks on reguler gps fine I noticed when I am standing at the helm I seem to lose WAAS signal regular gps is fine. I also notice somtimes it takes forever to lock onto WAAS even if I am not at the helm So far I have only been able to play with the chartplotter at my slip as it has been doing nothing but pooring rain the last week. I called the dealer and they may need to put the antenna on an extention pole to raise it higher but they said it should work without needing to do this. Is this right do I need to do somthing. or is the poll my answer?

Thanks
 
The reason for an external antenna is to get it up out of the way of interference. If that's a photo of your boat, the antenna should be way up. You don't have boat make in your profile either so I can't advise any more than that.
 
I'd use about a 3' extension to get it up above the bimini.
 
Back
Top