water volume to Raritan Marine Elegance

Veg

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2006
RO Number
20854
Messages
1,192
So I installed this unit two years ago and up to now no problems at all, and I'm pretty happy with it. I do have a relatively minor issue, which is that it never seemed the toilet gets enough water to really aid with flushing, so while it flushes fine by pulling, a lot of the time paper sits on the bowl and doesn't get washed down because of the relatively low amount of water that is coming in for the flush.

My plumbing is 15MM Whale and I tapped into the cold water line under the sink, and then converted the line via a fitting to 1/2" hose, which is what the unit accepts. I'm wondering if there's just not enough water coming through the 15MM, since the inside diameter of the 1/2" hose is actually larger?

My real question is, would it help if I also tapped the other (hot) line under the sink, and teed that one into the 1/2" hose, so that the hose to the head was being fed from both 15MM lines? Or is it expected that the water pump would provide the same pressure and amount of water regardless?
 
The only time I have problems with water volume into my two Marine Elegance toilets is when some other outlet is running full blast. I do not think it is the size of the inlet tubing.
 
Perhaps try increasing the fill time ("retention"). This is all in the manual, but here's the process:

1 - Hold the WATER ONLY & EMPTY buttons down
together for three seconds.

2 - Press WATER ONLY the number of seconds you want the bowl to fill after a flush. 3 seconds is default. Try doubling that to 6 perhaps (if you press 9 times it resets to 0). Then press NORMAL FLUSH button to exit programming mode.
 
You can also try upping the INITIAL fill time:

1 - Hold the WATER ONLY & EMPTY buttons down
together for three seconds.

2 - Press NORMAL FLUSH button the number of seconds you want the bowl to fill after a flush. 3 seconds is default. Try doubling that to 6 perhaps (if you press 9 times it resets to 0). Then press EMPTY button to exit programming mode.
 
If you tee them together every faucet will get a mix of hot and cold whenever you use them.
 
What Kurt said the water volume is programmable.
Bill
 
I don't know enough about the Maine Elegance to comment on its needs or operation, but connecting it to the hot water supply is not the answer and it can mess with water distribution on the boat.

If you think you're not getting enough water pressure to the head and adjustments to the head won't fix it, you should go back to your plumbing to just after the pump or accumulator tank and tee in there for your head.

You can use a larger hose size if it's a long run.
 
When I installed my ME, I was concerned about the water volume issue, so I ran 5/8" line to the ME. I also have issues with the paper sticking if the bowl is not full of water. I believe the problem stems from the water outlet on my tank. When I ordered the tank from Ronco I specced it for 1/2" line. I obviously wasn't thinking clearly as that means I only have 3/8" ID on the fitting. Vic Willman had stated that you need an honest hose ID of 1/2" to deliver the volume of water that is needed to wash down the front of the bowl. The installation sheet also says that problems of water not flushing the front of the bowl are due to insufficient volume of water. You also should have a pump that delivers 5 gpm.

I don't think your idea of tapping your hot water line will work. You still only have the same volume of water coming into your pump from the water tank.
Al
 
Back
Top