Winterized my FWC crusader 8.1 HO's last season using thoroflush lids on my seawater strainers. I am rather embarassed to say that I was so paranoid about freeze damage that I must have used twice the usual required antifreeze to winterize my silverton. I flushed at least 10-12 gallons through each engine (of pink). Once in the water (after closing the raw water intake and opening the thoroflush inlet to my bucket of pink), then A SECOND TIME while it was on the hard. Both times watching copious pink out of the exhaust ports.
Now the question:
I was down at my boat yesterday and was messing about in the engine compartment taking a look at things. Well, out of curiosity I decided to just open the fresh water intake seacock to the engines. The port engine seacock opened freely and I heard pink in the hose fall back out by gravity and out of the boat. I closed it. Did the same on the starboard and much to my shigrin (?sp), found that sucker frozen as hell. I yanked hard again and no way...she was frozen. Decided to follow that golden rule, if it ain't movin don't force it. I took the thoroflush cap off of the internal sea strainer and there was liquid pink (which I could see through the strainers glass but I got nervous) and verified liquid pink was in the strainer.
Now...Do I have a problem or did I just trap some water down below that is not going to bother anything? It is supposed to approach 55 degrees by next weekend here in new york.
What do you all think?
Now the question:
I was down at my boat yesterday and was messing about in the engine compartment taking a look at things. Well, out of curiosity I decided to just open the fresh water intake seacock to the engines. The port engine seacock opened freely and I heard pink in the hose fall back out by gravity and out of the boat. I closed it. Did the same on the starboard and much to my shigrin (?sp), found that sucker frozen as hell. I yanked hard again and no way...she was frozen. Decided to follow that golden rule, if it ain't movin don't force it. I took the thoroflush cap off of the internal sea strainer and there was liquid pink (which I could see through the strainers glass but I got nervous) and verified liquid pink was in the strainer.
Now...Do I have a problem or did I just trap some water down below that is not going to bother anything? It is supposed to approach 55 degrees by next weekend here in new york.
What do you all think?