Motor – 1986 Mercruiser, raw water V8 I/O – newly rebuilt.
Issue – Boat starts great every time on muffs, once in water and ran for about 30 minutes temp around 150, if you shut the motor off it will NOT start.
It cranks over but will not fire, after several cranking attempts the motor gets harder to turn over because the compression increases. On 2 occasions while cranking fluid (gas I presume) was sprayed out of carb.
Eventually the battery can no longer crank the engine over, towed back to dock, after boat is home(battery charge)turns over easily and fires right off.
Issue – Boat starts great every time on muffs, once in water and ran for about 30 minutes temp around 150, if you shut the motor off it will NOT start.
It cranks over but will not fire, after several cranking attempts the motor gets harder to turn over because the compression increases. On 2 occasions while cranking fluid (gas I presume) was sprayed out of carb.
Eventually the battery can no longer crank the engine over, towed back to dock, after boat is home(battery charge)turns over easily and fires right off.