Kohler 7.3e Genset

I will look, I believe there is a spring. What is proper installation.
 
Hunting can be caused by a lean mixture. Adjust the idle mixure screw...turn out 1/4 turn. Initial setting is 2 1/2 turns out. Adjust choke towards "rich". There is no adjustment on the gov. spring but make sure it is not damaged or corroded.
 
Which screw is the idle mixture, is it black that can be turned by hand.
 
I know I'll never own another Kohler gas genset again. I have had nothing but problems with my 7.3ECD. She was new in 2007 and I have had every problem except the carb issue (mine is Fuel Injected) listed above. Now with less then 350 hours it's back to running perfect for about 10 minutes then shutting down throwing a out of HZ code even though I monitor the frequency at it doesn't deviate until it stalls. I always make it a point to run the generator for at least 15 minutes under load every week.
Mine has always been serviced by the Kohler factory rep for the NY/ NJ area.
Bill
 
The black screw should be the idle. Turn it in to gently seat, and then two turns out (not 2 1/2. The main jet is 2 1/2 out)). The ADS only affects "run ability", not mixture. The choke is adjustable to more (rich) or less choke. Should be open when warm, closed on start. There is "hunting" without any load. With a new carb your mixtue screws should already be set this way.
 
Back
Top