quote:
Originally posted by KiDa
quote:
Originally posted by sunshinedaydream
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RiverRat had it correct. Reversed Polarity caused by a non-grounded extension cord plugged in upside down. Not my proudest moment. Marine Electrician went over everything while he was there and solved a couple of small issues I was having with switches on the bridge so not a total loss. Splashed today with confidence. Word to the wise if you have a cord with the ground snapped off, fix it or throw it out!
Non-grounded I've got. How could you plug an extension cord in upside down? The blades are different widths and have been for decades. Grounded or not, the cord should only be able to go in one way.
With a big enough hammer anything will fit.
I work on satellites and many years ago we had one catch on fire in test because someone "mated" two male connectors. Turns out he needed some pipe wrenches to do it but he got it done.