- Joined
- May 14, 2001
- RO Number
- 4570
- Messages
- 1,382
What CWMS said!!! This is very important and it should be one of your first priorities.
And yes it is labor intensive and expensive, but if not done it can result in a loss.
I spent many an hour laying on my back under my Dad's 40' boat replacing screws. I would
look into this before doing anthing else. My second concern is WHY the transom needs
replacing .. I assume dry rot somewhere .. if so where else ???
You will end up with a beautiful boat and a labor of love .. but don't ignore the
advice you are getting.
And yes it is labor intensive and expensive, but if not done it can result in a loss.
I spent many an hour laying on my back under my Dad's 40' boat replacing screws. I would
look into this before doing anthing else. My second concern is WHY the transom needs
replacing .. I assume dry rot somewhere .. if so where else ???
You will end up with a beautiful boat and a labor of love .. but don't ignore the
advice you are getting.