I'm thinking she did pulled more from other places when we went up in March we were up there for A week and went over her with A fine tooth comb got some more pix but here is what else I have found,,,I have been up to the boat now 3 times, first time for 4 days, second for 4, and the most recent for 5, the first two was just me and the boys checking out things and looking at what needs to be done and caulking some of the ports in the staterooms that were clearly leaking and general clean up, unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperating so we just pulled some screws found that she has been refastened recently, fresh paint and caulk from the keel to the gunnels, some spots need to be re-caulked and I want to repaint the bottom but nothing really to speak of so far,, AND no cracked ribs, all good news so far. I just need to re-fasten the rim log and the first 3 ribs forward of it where the previous owner screwed up and tried to splash her too quick, when they put her in she filled up too fast because he never pre-swelled her,,,the idiot, then when they got nervous about the fact she might sink, pulled her out again and went too fast with that too and the bottom planks separated from the rim log about by about 2 or 3 inches where the water poured out, the planks did return right back where they belong but now there is work to be done there. and then comes the last trip I took up there with the wife,,,we got there and the skies were cloudy and threatening rain and very warm weather, PERFECT this is what I was wanting the first two trips but never got. The marina owner said too bad you weren't here last week it was 60 and beautiful all week with no rain. I told him I wanted the rain I wanted I day of driving hard rain so I can physically see everything that was leaking so I knew where to start. And well here we go,,,, I got the rain I had been hoping for and let the madness begin, I found I have to totally rebuild both the port and starboard salon windows they are leaking like A siv and the weep holes were clogged and I cleared them out with A straw but the damage was done, should take me like 4 hours that's easy, port side of pilot house forward corner rotten, port window needs to be rebuilt, starboard side same place same thing, rotten, another 2 hours only need to replace the forward 4 feet the rest is protected by the over hangs, port side vent in the forward stateroom leaks needs to be re bedded, someone pointed out in the pictures there were A few spots on the hull to look at, (see previous pix for reference) got that looked at it found rot to fix there, trim piece on the top starboard corner of transom missing, aft head seawater intake and discharge valves need to be replaced, aft corner of hard top port side rot there too about 3 inches each direction.
the boys and I will be going up in April for 4 days to take care of the leaking spots bottom paint caulk and anything else we can find there lurking in the shadows and some other stuff I am sure I forgot to mention,,, it will be 4 days of crazy A** busting work..... MAN I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! LET THE MADNESS BEGIN !!! and now the pictures for your viewing pleasure...
SHE JUST HAD TO DO IT !!!